This is the twelfth lesson in the Industrial Hydraulic Power Course. This lesson describes the various cylinders used in hydraulic actuators. It also describes the operation of a cylinder controlled by regulating flow or pressure, and the purpose of a cylinder leak test.
- Describe the difference between a single-acting cylinder and a double-acting cylinder.
- Identify the schematic symbol and describe the action of a differential cylinder.
- Describe the operation of a circuit whose cylinder is controlled by regulating flow or pressure.
- Identify the components of a hydraulic cylinder using a cutaway model.
- Explain the purpose of a cylinder leak test.
This course consists of thirteen lessons. These lessons were designed for beginning hydraulic technicians as well as mechanics, electricians, operators, and for those individuals who need to learn more about industrial hydraulic power. The lessons in this course train participants to identify system components, read schematics, and understand the conditions necessary for proper operation of a hydraulic system.