This is the final lesson in the AC/DC Motor Maintenance Course. The lesson describes how to select and inspect brushes. The lesson identifies the procedures for cleaning, inspecting, and setting the height of a brush holder. How to seat brushes and adjust spring pressure is demonstrated.
- Describe how to inspect various aspects of a brush.
- Identify the factors to be considered when selecting a brush.
- Identify the procedures for cleaning and inspecting the brush holders.
- Identify the steps involved in setting the height of a brush holder.
- Identify the procedure for installing brushes.
- Explain how to seat brushes.
- Explain how to adjust spring pressure.