This is the final lesson in the Ammeters, Meggers, and Wheatstone Bridge Course. This lesson presents the components and features and functions of clamp-on ammeters. The lesson also describes safety considerations that should be noted when selecting a clamp-on ammeter. Instruction in the procedures for setting up, taking readings, and modifying the range of a clamp-on ammeter are also covered.
- Identify the components of a clamp-on ammeter.
- Describe the range function of a clamp-on ammeter.
- Define the function of a clamp-on ammeter.
- Describe safety and selection considerations for using a clamp-on ammeter.
- Define the “record and lock” features.
The Ammeters, Meggers and Wheatstone Bridge course is designed for participants familiar with AC/DC theory, electrical safety, and electrical print reading. A basic understanding of electronic devices and circuits is recommended. The course describes megohmmeters, Wheatstone bridges, and clamp-on ammeters. It gives examples of the use of these instruments, identifies their components, and defines their functions. The lessons also describe safety and selection considerations for their use, how to set up the instruments, how to connect them to the systems under test, and how to take and read measurements.