Clamps, Vises, And Pliers
This is the first lesson in the Hand Tools Course. This lesson introduces and demonstrates the proper use of tools used for holding.
- Describe three types of vises and explain when each type should be used.
- Identify the basic components of a machinistÕs vise.
- Explain how to use a c-clamp to hold an object.
- Explain how to choose the right size c-clamp needed for a job.
- Describe four types of pliers and explain how they are used.
- List four thing that should be done before using any tool.
This course is designed for employees in all disciplines as well as for the multi-craft training needs of process and manufacturing facilities. Upon completion of this lesson, participants will be able to improve their on-the-job performance through the proper use hand tools.