This is the second lesson in the Conduit Installation Course. This lesson instructs the learner in the proper methods of cutting, cleaning, and bending conduit. The lesson also demonstrates how to make various bends and when different bends are used.
- Explain the methods for cutting and threading conduit.
- Explain the methods and reasons for cleaning conduit.
- Identify benders and their uses.
- Define the common markings of a hand bender.
- Measure for and make a 90 degree bend.
- Identify an offset bend and its uses; Make an offset bend using an offset chart.
- Identify a saddle bend and its uses; Make and use a three and four bend saddle.
Three lessons designed for the training of electricians as well as for the multi-craft training needs of process and manufacturing facilities. This course provides instructions and interactions concerning general conduit bending and installation, in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NEC). This lesson defines a conduit system, lists general specifications for use of types of conduit, and introduces the major components or materials of a basic conduit system. This lesson also demonstrates and provides instruction on general methods and practices for cutting, cleaning, bending and installing conduit.
There are no reviews yet.