Conduit System Materials
This is the first lesson in the Conduit Installation Course. This lesson introduces the learner to conduit systems and components, and instructs in the use of trade size and fill charts.
- Define conduit and types and explain how conduit trade size is measured.
- Read and use a conduit fill chart.
- Determine the uses for types of conduit.
- Identify boxes and their purpose and explain how boxes are sized.
- Identify fittings and their uses.
- Explain the purpose of Ells and T-conduits.
Three lessons designed for the training of electricians as well as for the multi-craft training needs of process and manufacturing facilities. This course provides instructions and interactions concerning general conduit bending and installation, in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NEC). This lesson defines a conduit system, lists general specifications for use of types of conduit, and introduces the major components or materials of a basic conduit system. This lesson also demonstrates and provides instruction on general methods and practices for cutting, cleaning, bending and installing conduit.