Dimensions In Mechanical Print Reading
This is the third lesson in the Mechanical Print Reading Course. This lesson explains the use of dimension and extension lines in mechanical print reading, and how to calculate dimensions, tolerance, and limits. The use of surface finish designations is also discussed.
- Recognize and define dimension lines.
- Recognize and define extension lines.
- Identify and measure dimensions on circular features.
- Use calculated dimensions.
- Demonstrate how calculated dimensions are used and why.
- Define and calculate tolerance.
- Define and calculate limits.
- Differentiate types of surface finish designations.
This course consists of four lessons. This lesson was designed to provide training for maintenance technicians, mechanics, electricians, and others requiring knowledge of mechanical print reading. The lessons in this course show and explain how to read and interpret various mechanical drawings.