This is the third lesson in the Mechanical Seals Course. This lesson demonstrates the steps necessary to prepare to remove, and to remove, a failed mechanical seal. The lesson trains the participant in failure analysis to determine the cause of seal failure and identify the means to correct the problem or condition that caused the failure.
- List the steps necessary to prepare for removing a failed mechanical seal.
- List the steps to removing a failed mechanical seal.
- Perform a failure analysis to determine the cause of seal failure.
- Identify the means to correct the problem or condition that caused seal failure.
- List the steps to follow to properly analyze seal failure.
- Describe seal damage caused by chemical attack.
- Describe seal damage caused by heat.
- Describe seal damage caused by mechanical action.
The Mechanical Seals course consists of four lessons designed for persons with a basic understanding of the operation and maintenance of pumps, agitators, and rotating equipment. The lessons in this course train participants to work effectively with mechanical seals. The functions, operation, and repair of common mechanical seals are demonstrated. The course presents specific procedures for failure analysis and identification, seal removal, disassembly, reassembly, and installation
There are no reviews yet.