Flow Control Valves
This is the eleventh lesson in the Industrial Hydraulic Power Course. The lesson demonstrates how to determine speed and flow rates and differential pressure. It describes various valves, their components, and their uses.
- Explain the conditions that affect flow in a hydraulic system using a system schematic.
- Identify the schematic symbols and functions of ports for flow control valves.
- Describe the operation of a needle valve, and trace the path of the fluid through the valve.
- Describe the operation of a check valve.
- Describe the operation of meter-in and meter-out circuits using a system schematic.
This course consists of thirteen lessons. These lessons were designed for beginning hydraulic technicians as well as mechanics, electricians, operators, and for those individuals who need to learn more about industrial hydraulic power. The lessons in this course train participants to identify system components, read schematics, and understand the conditions necessary for proper operation of a hydraulic system.