Gate Valve Repair
This lesson is designed for participants familiar with the operation of gate valves and the proper use of hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Identify the parts of a gate valve and describe their functions.
- Inspect a valve and make adjustments to stop leakage.
- Position rising stem and non-rising stem valves to the half-open position.
- Remove and disassemble the bonnet assembly of a gate valve.
- Use a telescoping gauge to determine if a stuffing box is round.
- Perform a runout to determine if a stem is bent.
- Use an outside micrometer to determine if the stem has excessive wear.
- Lap a disc and perform a contact check of disc mating surfaces.
- Reassemble the bonnet assembly of a gate valve.
- Perform a contact check to determine if there is a proper seal between the seat and disc of a gate valve.