* HSE: Land Certification (Complete Course)
In this course we cover the role of site workers, their personal protective equipment, and rescue procedures. We also discuss the hazards and safety regulations concerning pits, ponds, trenching, and shoring.
- Hazards and safety regulations concerning pits, ponds, trenching,and shoring
- The role of site workers
- Personal protective equipment
- Rescue procedures
- Land Certification: Pits and Ponds: The Pits and Ponds Safety module will explain the types of pits and pounds as well as their particular purpose. The unit will review necessary precautions to mitigate hazardous factors while working near both pits and ponds. Students will become familiar with various types of fluid storage and waste disposal in order to enhance safety awareness on location.
- Land Certification: Trenching and Shoring: In the Trenching and Shoring module students will learn how to ensure safety within regulatory requirements as well as safe work practices. The role of the Site Worker or “Competent Person” will be clearly defined for students to understand the functionality and responsibilities of this position. Hazards relating to excavation/trenching and methods of prevention will be detailed along with the use of personal protective equipment PPE. Appropriate procedures related to hazardous atmospheres and emergency situations will also be covered.