*HSE: Shore Base Arrival (Complete Course)
In this course we go over the aspects of entering the rig environment, such as safe helicopter and boat transportation. We also discuss swing rope procedures and how to safely use personnel baskets.
- Entering the rig environment
- Safe helicopter transportation
- Safe boat transportation
- Swing rope procedures
- Personnel baskets
- Transportation: Helicopter: The Helicopter Transportation module will cover the responsibility of passengers and the need for respecting the authority of the pilot. Students will also be informed on the proper procedure for boarding and disembarking the helicopter, avoiding hazardous components, and securing baggage and loose items. Smoking restorations, emergency devices, and orientation procedures will also be covered in the module.
- Transportation: Boat: In the Boat Transportation module students will be exposed to the necessary PPE required when boarding or exiting a vessel, responsibilities of passengers as well as respecting the authority of the captain, and what to do in case of an emergency.
- Transportation: Swing Ropes: In this unit students will learn the typical locations of swing ropes on the rig as well as guidelines for safe usage. On a typical rig, there are various types of swing ropes available for use, however this method is becoming less common to the Personnel Basket.
- Transportation: Personnel Baskets: The Personnel Basket module describes and shows the common types of personnel baskets and their associated components. Seen as a much safer alternative to swing ropes, the personnel basket, sometimes referred to as a personnel net, nonetheless requires careful attention to safety procedures if injury is to be avoided. After completing this module, students will understand the necessary precautions to be observed when riding in the basket and the limitations associated with this method of transferring personnel to and from the rig.
There are no reviews yet.