This is the third lesson in the Industrial Hydraulic Power Course. The lesson discusses the types, properties, and functions of hydraulic fluids and the components in which they are used.
- Describe types, properties, and functions of hydraulic fluid.
- List sources of fluid contamination and ways to avoid contamination.
- List the purposes of a hydraulic reservoir.
- Identify the components of a hydraulic reservoir and describe their functions.
- Describe the conditions necessary for proper functioning of a hydraulic reservoir.
- Describe the purposes of hydraulic filters.
- Describe the functions of hydraulic piping.
This course consists of thirteen lessons. These lessons were designed for beginning hydraulic technicians as well as mechanics, electricians, operators, and for those individuals who need to learn more about industrial hydraulic power. The lessons in this course train participants to identify system components, read schematics, and understand the conditions necessary for proper operation of a hydraulic system.