This is the final lesson in the Industrial Hydraulic Power Course. General knowledge of hydraulic schematics is required. Review of the lesson, Hydraulic Schematics, is recommended. This lesson describes various hydraulic motors and their functions. It also describes the operation of various hydrostatic drive circuits and the function of components and flowpath in a braking circuit.
- Identify the schematic symbol for an unidirectional and bi-directional hydraulic motor.
- Describe the functional similarity between a hydraulic pump and a hydraulic motor.
- Describe the flow path through a hydraulic motor, using a cutaway diagram of a vane motor.
- Express the output of a hydraulic motor in terms of horsepower.
- Describe the operation of various hydrostatic drive circuits from the circuit schematics.
- Describe the function of the components and the flow path through the circuit.
This course consists of thirteen lessons. These lessons were designed for beginning hydraulic technicians as well as mechanics, electricians, operators, and for those individuals who need to learn more about industrial hydraulic power. The lessons in this course train participants to identify system components, read schematics, and understand the conditions necessary for proper operation of a hydraulic system.