Introduction To AC Components And Motors
This is the first lesson in the AC/DC Motor Theory Course. This lesson identifies the components of an AC motor and explains their functions. Basic magnetic principles, sine waves, methods of increasing magnetic flux in a conductor, and how a rotating field is created in an AC Motor are presented.
- Identify the components of an AC Motor and explain their function.
- Explain the basic principles of magnetism.
- Interpret the characteristics of a current as represented on a sine wave.
- Describe the effect of AC current on a conductor.
- Describe the methods of increasing magnetic flux in a conductor.
- Explain how a rotating field is created in an AC Motor.
The AC/DC Motor Theory course was specifically developed for electricians and electronic technicians as well as for the multi-craft training needs of process and manufacturing facilities. This course consists of 11 interactive, on-line lessons that address AC and DC motor theory.
There are no reviews yet.