Introduction To Bearings
This lesson was designed for employees in all disciplines as well as for the multi-craft training needs of process and manufacturing facilities. The lesson describes the purpose and the basic components of bearings. The lesson also introduces the identification and proper usage of bearing types.
- Describe bearings and their importance in machinery operation.
- Introduce the concept of load and how it effects bearings.
- Explain the purpose of housings.
- Explain the use of PLAIN bearings.
- Explain the use of ANTI-FRICTION bearings.
- Explain the use of THRUST bearings.
This course consists of three lessons designed for the training of bearings. Topics covered include the importance of bearings in machinery operation, concept of load and how it affects bearings, and housings. Additionaly, the main types of bearing are discussed: plain, anti-friction, and thrust bearings.