Mechanical Seal Maintenance
This, the final lesson in the Mechanical Seals Course, trains the learner in seal disassembly and reassembly, 0-ring installation, and seal installation.
- Remove a failed mechanical seal.
- Disassemble a failed mechanical seal.
- Identify the correct tool for O-ring extraction.
- Remove O-rings from a mechanical seal.
- Replace O-rings on a mechanical seal.
- Perform the preliminary checks prior to seal installation.
- Reassemble and install a new or repaired mechanical seal.
The Mechanical Seals course consists of four lessons designed for persons with a basic understanding of the operation and maintenance of pumps, agitators, and rotating equipment. The lessons in this course train participants to work effectively with mechanical seals. The functions, operation, and repair of common mechanical seals are demonstrated. The course presents specific procedures for failure analysis and identification, seal removal, disassembly, reassembly, and installation