- State the objectives of primary cementing.
- Describe the operational sequence for primary cementing.
- List the requirements of an ideal cementable well bore.
- Describe the procedures used to condition the mud prior to primary cementing.
- Reference hydraulics tables, graphs, and equations.
Primary Cementing reviews the objectives of cementing an open hole. The student learns the characteristics of an ideal cementable wellbore, and how best to achieve them. The course then describes the procedures used to condition the mud prior to cementing the wellbore, including specific additives for different configurations. Furthermore, it explains the key to attaining complete mud displacement during the cementing job, and how this positively influences the success of the completion.