This is the final lesson in the Centrifugal Pump Repair Course. This lesson demonstrates how to reassemble a typical end-suction pump. General guidelines for installing a mechanical seal are also provided.
- Reassemble a typical end suction pump.
- Check impeller clearance.
- Calculate the thickness of shims needed to correct impeller clearance.
- Determine the gasket size needed in the bearing end cap.
- Install a mechanical seal.
This course is designed for all levels of maintenance personnel as well as for the multicraft training needs of process and manufacturing facilities. Participants should be familiar with the basic operation of centrifugal pumps. This course consists of six modules covering excessive leakage, temperature, loss of capacity, disassembly, inspection, and reassembly.
There are no reviews yet.