*Slickline Operations (Complete Course)
Slickline Operations introduces the techniques and technologies involved in working with slickline and braided wireline. The course covers wireline jars and jarring operations, surface equipment, basic wireline tools, and applications specific to gas lift operations. Slickline Operations supplies a firm foundation knowledge of the practices and terminology that benefits not only new personnel in the field, but also those in administrative and support roles. This course comprises five computer-based training modules, each representing two hours of instruction and exercises. A reference dictionary of terms and abbreviations common to slickline operations is also included.
- Types and Applications of Wireline and Slickline.
- Major Components of the Wireline Toolstring.
- Safe Deployment and Operation of Equipment.
- Basic Wireline Tools.
- Gas Lift.
- Abbreviations for Slickline Operations.
- An Introduction to the Types and Applications of Wireline and Slickline: The first Slickline Operations module demonstrates the types and applications of wireline and slickline. Measuring techniques, spooling, and hydraulic circuits are explained. Important safety procedures are also covered.
- An Introduction to the Major Components of the Wireline Toolstring: Module 2 details the major components of the wireline toolstring and explains jarring operations. Physical forces of wireline jarring are illustrated through interactive simulation.
- An Introduction to the Safe Deployment and Operation of Equipment: The safe deployment and operation of wireline surface equipment is covered in the third volume of Slickline Operations. It explains methods of controlling well pressure, and breaks down the rigging-up sequence step by step.
- An Introduction to the Basic Wireline Tools: This module describes basic wireline tools in detail, covering shape and critical dimension. The practical field applications of each tool are demonstrated, along with associated safety practices. Additional relevant information on fluid by-pass and shear pin strength is also included.
- An Introduction to Gas Lift: The fifth and final Slickline Operations module concerns gas lift. It describes the specialized equipment used to run and retrieve gas lift valves from a well. The design and application of latches, side pocket mandrels, and kickover tools are also discussed.
- An Introduction to Abbreviations for Slickline Operations: This module serves as a terminology primer for field personnel new to slickline operations, and as an electronic reference for more experienced field hands. Definitions generally concern slickline operations, but also include common terms found in field procedures and reports.