Subsurface Safety Valves
This course introduces the purpose, operation, and application of Subsurface Safety Valves. Case studies demonstrate the need for setting the valves at certain depths. Environmental complications encountered in sub-sea installations, arctic conditions, extreme temperatures, and even earthquake-prone regions are covered. Surface and subsurface controlled downhole safety valves are described, accompanied by detailed animations and graphics demonstrating the valves’ operation. Students operate a surface control panel and see the effect of each action downhole.
- Describe surface and subsurface safety valve systems.
- Identify the various types of safety valves.
- Differentiate between subsurface and surface-controlled subsurface safety valves.
- Describe how various safety valves operate.
- Identify and describe the functions of the various components of a safety valve.