*Valve Repair (Complete Course)
This course consists of two Lessons, Gate Valve Repair and Globe Valve Repair. Topics include identifying valve parts and functions, valve inspection, valve assembly and disassembly, and valve positions.
- Identify the parts of a gate valve and describe their functions
- Inspect a valve and make adjustments to stop leakage
- Position rising stem and non-rising stem valves to the half-open position
- Remove and disassemble the bonnet assembly of a gate valve
- Use a telescoping gauge to determine if a stuffing box is round
- Perform a runout to determine if a stem is bent
- Use an outside micrometer to determine if the stem has excessive wear
- Lap a disc and perform a contact check of disc mating surfaces
- Reassemble the bonnet assembly of a gate valve
- Perform a contact check to determine if there is a proper seal between the seat and disc of
a gate valve
- Identify the basic components of a typical globe valve
- Disassemble and inspect a globe valve for damage
- Describe what lapping is and explain when it is used
- Complete a dye check
- Reassemble a globe valve
- Identify the basic components of a typical control valve
- Disassemble and inspect a control valve for damage
- Reassemble a control valve.
- Gate Valve Repair: This lesson is designed for participants familiar with the operation of gate valves and the proper use of hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Globe Valve Repair: This lesson is designed for participants familiar with the basic operation of globe and control valves and the proper use of hand tools and precision measuring instruments.