This is the third lesson in the Hand Tools Course. This lesson introduces and demonstrates the proper use of wrenches.
- Describe three basic types of nonadjustable wrenches and identify when each should be used.
- Identify the components of a socket wrench set.
- Assemble a socket wrench and use it to remove a bolt.
- Identify and describe how three types of torque wrenches are used.
- Assemble and use a deflecting beam torque wrench.
- Identify and describe three types of adjustable wrenches.
This course is designed for employees in all disciplines as well as for the multi-craft training needs of process and manufacturing facilities. Upon completion of this lesson, participants will be able to improve their on-the-job performance through the proper use hand tools.